About this blog

This blog is about the daily activities in a busy typewriter shop. I want to share with you the many interesting people who come in here, the beautiful machines I get and most of all the great typewriter stories that people share with me!

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Dig That Crazy Script


1954 Smith Corona Silent-Super. Just a ordinary machine till you type.

I always tell people to check the typestyle when looking for machines.

1944 Groma Model N was shipped over from Germany.

Looks great even with bad shipping damage.


These Royal Model P machines circa 1930 simply glow.


These mid-late 60's SCM Galaxie II are great typers and extremely repairable.




Kolibri's are a popular machine on the internet. Prices are up on them.

The USSR Occupied stamp is a cool feature.

This Underwood No. 5 is a classic for a reason.




This sticker was perfectly preserved inside the carrying case.





                                                               THE END
 
                                                                  

7 comments:

  1. Those are some great looking machines. I had a favorite and as I read on I changed my mind and the next was my favorite. Then the No. 5. I've got to admit if I had a choice I'd pick the No. 5. It sure would be nice to find one in that good of a condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful typewriters. It always makes me happy to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome machines as always and very cool script typeface. If I remember right, the typeface is identical to the one on Peter's SC Galaxie, which he gave to Adwoa of Retro Tech Geneva a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill- Thanks. Glad you like the machines. It's hard to find a super nice No. 5, but they are out there.

    Richard- Thank you. I enjoy your posts just as much!

    Ton- That is a pretty neat script. I've been showing it to lots of customers in the shop and everyone likes it too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the typewriter eye candy. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly the internets have also caught onto how awesome cursive script is, and prices are up on all of those as well, since they're gobbled up by restorers then sold (fairly, but still) for full retail working condition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. www.hellofresh.nl streeft niet alleen naar smaakvolle maaltijden, maar ook naar duurzaamheid. Je kunt eenvoudig jouw HelloFresh-box retourneren, waardoor je een groene bijdrage levert aan jouw avondmaal.

    ReplyDelete