About this blog

This blog is about the daily activities in a busy typewriter shop. I want to share with you the many interesting people who come in here, the beautiful machines I get and most of all the great typewriter stories that people share with me!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Giant Typewriter To Debut At Burning Man


                                                    www.jasonturgeon.net







I never get tired of these old Coronas.

The Olympia Robust was made for the German military.



Even the carrying case is heavy duty.





The previous owner typed this as a young boy maybe fifty years ago.







                           https://www.grubstreet.org/grub-daily/whats-your-type/




                                                         THE END

3 comments:

  1. I agree, Eson Kim has a lovely voice. It was nice to be on the podcast with you.

    Found you on Instagram a few days ago. I think you'll enjoy it, it's fun and I have "met" some interesting folks there.

    I wonder whether the Blunderwood folks know about the giant Underwood that was exhibited at world fairs a century ago. They must, right? I also wonder just how much like a real typewriter this is going to be. Moving typebars and everything? Or maybe just a mockup. Anyway, it's a sign that typewriters truly are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard- Thanks for checking me out on Instagram. I'm having fun with it and enjoy seeing lots of interesting people. I doubt the Blunderwood people know of the giant Underwood from a hundred years ago. I'll bet their giant Underwood will be impressive and when they post videos at Burning Man, I'll post them on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember getting a tape recorder for Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete