About this blog

This blog is about the daily activities in a busy typewriter shop. I want to share with you the many interesting people who come in here, the beautiful machines I get and most of all the great typewriter stories that people share with me!

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Meet Tom Lucas - 'The Typewriter Man'

Typing at Speakers Corner in Hyde Park.

I never got tired of looking at Big Ben.


Tom Lucas on left, me on right.


                              http://www.thetypewriterman.co.uk/index.html


It rained a lot in Paris so I typed in my room.

Ave-des Champs-Elysees

Also couldn't stop looking at the Eiffel tower.

We saw a bunch of stones in a big field. (Was so awesome).


                                                           THE END

10 comments:

  1. How great that you got to meet Tom. I see that he's posted about the meeting too! http://www.thetypewriterman.co.uk/typofmon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Richard! I saw the post by Tom Lucas. Interesting guy. Hope your trip was fun. I've been following your posts on Instagram. It's a very anxious time in Europe now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific post - so glad that you and Tom are busy doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to see that the need has expanded to the point where any typer repairman with the requisite skill can find all the work he or she wants. (:

    Also great to see you had a wonderful time in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an enjoyable blog. I'm glad you had a great trip. We had a family trip to London and Paris a few years ago, and it was wonderful, although we were there when both places were having record-breaking heat waves. My daughter loved it so much that she just went on her own trip back to London. Funny that you brought the typewriter and cool that you got to see a bunch of stones in a field.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Is there a way to contact Tom Lucas? I can’t find contact email on his website. I have an very interesting old typewriter which needs bit of a work. Will be greatfull if you can share his contract details.

    Thanks!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lectortmo se ha convertido en una plataforma de referencia para los amantes del https://lectortmoes.com manga en países de habla hispana. Su extensa colección, interfaz fácil de usar, compromiso con la comunidad y actualizaciones regulares han consolidado su posición como una opción preferida para aquellos que buscan disfrutar de mangas en línea.

    ReplyDelete