About this blog

This blog is about the daily activities in a busy typewriter shop. I want to share with you the many interesting people who come in here, the beautiful machines I get and most of all the great typewriter stories that people share with me!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Movie Set Rental

A 1938 Royal Quiet de Luxe in brown.



I really like this airplane lugguge carrying case that came with selected QDL's.


One of my personal favorites, a Corona Silent flat top model.


A 1947 Remington Noiseless Model Seven.

This machine was more fun to type on than I thought.















5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your stories again! What an honor to rent ten of your machines to such a director. Guess we all need to watch the movie now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, neat to hear that you have a hand in the new David O. Russel movie. "Silver Linings Playbook" was very good. I'll keep an eye out for your Selectrics when it comes out (:

    Also, that's one handsome QDL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Selectric movie set rental is exciting news, I'll have to watch out for that Russell movie. I've always been attracted to the brown Royal QDL, quite a handsome machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about the movie! I liked Playbook a lot, and Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were excellent.

    There's more to tell about that Vogue Royal HH -- as you may have heard ...

    Your Selectric story makes me feel a little better about the time I sent you that green one and it got damaged on the way.

    Filing and finding documents is one thing that digital technology has made so much easier and better!

    Thanks for another great update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. spiderwebz- Thanks! I get a kick out of seeing my machines on the big screen. Never gets old.

    Ted- I thought of keeping the brown QDL but I've got enough for now. Thanks Ted.

    Ton- I'll be watching too. The movie is scheduled for release in late 2013.

    Richard- Someone called me up today that used that Kardex Filing System back in the 50's. I still remember that Selectric I you sent me, bailed me out of trouble. Are you talking about Shordzi's comment? I'm trying to check that out.
    Thank you as usual.

    ReplyDelete